Now in it’s fourth year, Edmonton’s InFocus Photo Exhibition continues to promote and showcase the outstanding work of both established and emerging Canadian Photographers.
Taking place during the month of February, InFocus Photo features portfolio reviews, the Mastermind group talk and of course the exhibition and awards ceremony which takes place at the Renaissance Edmonton Airport Hotel on February 8th.
This year’s theme is “Next Level” featuring photos of all subject matter and styles that speak to Next Level techniques, Next Level aesthetics and Next Level concepts.
This years exhibition features the work of over 30 photographers from across Canada and introduces the PhotoEd Emerging Photographer Award in addition to the coveted People’s Choice Award.
Click here to cast your vote for the People’s Choice Award – Voting closes on February 7th.
For more information visit the InFocus Photo site below
The theme of InFocus 2018 is “NEXT LEVEL.” This is a broad theme, open to interpretation. The photographers selected for InFocus 2018 will display photographs that speak to: 1. NEXT LEVEL techniques 2. NEXT LEVEL aesthetics 3.
For those looking to have their work reviewed by photographic experts can sign up for the portfolio review which takes place Saturday, February 10, 2018.
The review costs $45.00 and gives you 10 minutes with each of the four reviewers who will offer feedback on how to improve your images as well as some insider tips on how to promote yourself and your work.
This year’s reviewers include:
- Jared Tabler – CEO of the McQueen Agency
- Rita Godlevskis – PhotoEd Magazine Editor/Publisher
- Alexis Marie Chute – Professional Artist, Author, Photographer and Filmmaker /Curator of InFocus Photo Exhibition
- Peppa Martin – Professional Photographer, Gallerist, Curator, Art Consultant and Independent Writer on art and culture
Mastermind Group Talk
Also taking place on February 10th is the Mastermind Group talk. This brings together 8-10 presenters who will share their experience in getting to where they are in their photographic careers as well as answering questions from the audience.
Click here for presenter information
InFocus Photo Exhibition Key Dates
- Exhibit Runs February 5 – March 2, 2018
- Opening Reception & Awards Ceremony – February 8, 2018
- Portfolio Reviews – February 10, 2018
- Photo Mastermind Group – February 10, 2018