- This event has passed.
An Intimate Evening with Renowned Photographer Greg Gorman
June 25 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
This is your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see one of photography’s most renown artists, master portrait photographer, Greg Gorman.
You’ll hear Greg’s stories of an illustrious career that has spanned four decades, get insight into his technique and have a chance to ask your own questions and watch Greg work with live models in a very rare live shooting demonstration. Greg’s work has included iconic portraits including Hendrix and Warhol and has been featured in the pages of GQ, Vogue, Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair and many more.
- When: Monday, June 25, 2018 – 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.Where: Betty Oliphant Theatre – 404 Jarvis Street, Toronto
- Nearby Parking: Link to map of nearby parking
Important: All ticket sales are final. Refunds will not be available for any reason.
Other Seminar Information
- As a Lighting Ambassador for Rotolight Greg will introduce the newest family of Rotolight products and talk about how he now uses them in his continuous light portraiture work. Greg will then walk us through a live shoot with a tethered camera system with models and will also pick some lucky audience members to have their portrait taken.
- A Rotolight representative will be on hand to help demonstrate the new strobe features of the Rotolight products as well as give an overview of its features for film & video applications.
- Greg will be shooting with a Sony A7RIII and Sony representatives will be on hand with a wide range of Sony mirrorless cameras and lenses as well as several of Sony’s latest video cameras including the FS5 Mark II and PXW-Z270.
- The audience will then be invited to ask questions and then come have a closer look at the featured lighting, and still and video camera products.
This is a must attend event for any imaging professional looking to improve their lighting and imaging skills when working with models or actors!
Important Notice: To ensure the enjoyment of everyone in attendance, Vistek requests that you please refrain from taking photos during this event and recommends leaving your camera gear at home. Vistek thanks you in advance for your understanding.
About Greg Gorman
For over four decades, Greg Gorman has continued to master the art of photography. From celebrity portraits and advertising campaigns to magazine layouts and fine art work, Greg has developed and showcased a discriminating and unique style in his profession. Greg’s work documents that peculiar obsession of the 21st century celebrity. His photography is timeless and not confined to has-beens, hot properties, and wannabes. Each shot gives a picture of human nature in its infinite range. Each picture is also a testament to the individual character. “For me a photograph is most successful when it doesn’t answer all the questions,” says Gorman, “but leaves something to the imagination.”
Greg Gorman has been recognized for his contribution to the world of photography with the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Professional Photographer’s of America, the Achievement in Portraiture Award from The Lucie Foundation and the Pacific Design Center Stars of Design Award. Greg has also been acknowledged for his charitable works for The Elton John Aids Foundation, Aids Healthcare Foundation, Focus on Aids, The Oscar De La Hoya Foundation, Vox/Out Voices of Style + Design, PETA, Angel Art, and PawsLA.
Greg Gorman’s Websites (May Contain NSFW Images)
Gorman is represented worldwide by the Fahey Klein Gallery, LA – firstname.lastname@example.org