- This event has passed.
Fujifilm X-Series Kensington Market Photowalk w/ Spencer Wynn
May 25, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pmFree
Join Fujifilm X-Series Photographer Spencer Wynn for a stroll through Kensington Market, one of Toronto’s most diverse and unique neighbourhoods.
Always vibrant and full of character, Toronto’s Kensington Market will offer you endless opportunities to capture some truly spectacular street photography.
Starting just outside of the “Supermarket” restaurant, you’ll stroll throughout the neighbourhood with opportunities to stop and take photos of the area’s unique mixture of Victorian style houses, colourful storefronts and eclectic outdoor displays.
The Fuji Guys will also be along with a limited number of their latest X-Series cameras for you to try out along the way.
When: Saturday, May 25, 2019 – 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Where: Throughout Kensington Market
Important: Meeting Point is in front of Supermarket Restaurant (268 Augusta Ave)
Note: This event is limited to a maximum of 30 people.
Getting to Kensington Market
By Car: If you plan on driving, know that parking is extremely limited in and around Kensington Market, especially on the weekend. There are two Green P parking lots that serve the area, though both have limited availability. There is also limited (paid) street parking along Spadina Ave.
- Green P Carpark 63 is located at 20 St. Andrew St
- The other Green P lot is located at 25 Bellevue Ave.
- 506 Carlton Eastbound
- Get off at Augusta Ave & College and walk south on Augusta until you reach the meeting point.
- 506 Carlton Westbound
- Get off at Major Street and walk one block west to Augusta Ave then walk south until you reach the meeting point.
- 310 Spadina Northbound from Union Station or Southbound from Spadina Station
- Get off at College St and walk one block west to Augusta Ave then walk south until you reach the meeting point.
Finally, please remember to bring comfortable walking shoes and to dress for the weather on the day as this is a rain or shine event.
About Spencer Wynn
Spencer Wynn’s career has taken him around the world, from the Canadian Arctic and Greenland, to India and China. As a storyteller, Wynn believes, “One can only truly tell a story of a people or culture if you have lived with the people or in the culture”. His two-year documentary on the 30th anniversary of the Bhopal gas disaster in India is one such example of Spencer’s shooting philosophy.