- Photographer Michael Clark Reviews the Hasselblad X1D 50C
- FUJIFILM Launches New “MK” Series of Cinema Lenses
- Meet The New Canon EOS Cameras: The Mirrorless M6, 77D Rebel & T7i Rebel
- Blackmagic Announces 3 New Products Designed to Up Your Live Production Game
- Advanced Commercial Cinematography w/ Oliver Millar, csc | WC Ep. 4
- FUJIFILM GFX 50S Medium Format Camera – Hands-on Review
- Using emotion to lead your shooting style w/ Lauren Withrow | WC Ep. 3
- SMDV BRiHT 360 Portable Flash System with TTL & HSS
Seminar: DIY Fine Art Printing with MOAB Paper at Vistek Toronto
February 27 @ 10:00 am - 4:30 pmFree
DIY Fine Art Printing featuring MOAB Paper: Learn to love your printer and understand ICC profiles for the best prints possible.
Many photographers look back with nostalgia to the process of printing film negatives in the wet darkroom. In this interesting and compelling lecture and demo, Evan Parker will reveal how to bring that love of process and technique into today’s digital darkroom. He will share how printing with archival inks on a variety of substrates can be creative extensions of your photographic work that can open doors to new ways of realizing projects.
Evan will discuss creative aspects of printing workflow, and how these play into creating terrific prints. He will also simplify the printing process with things you can do in your studio to help colour accuracy, accurate image reproduction, and more.
Afterwards, we’ll tackle your printing questions, and leave you confident in the printing process.
- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. – Customer Presentation and Q & A
- 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – PRINTS (Evan will print your image* on any type of MOAB paper you want if you’re up for waiting!)
- 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. – Customer Presentation and Q & A
- 3:00 – 4:30 p.m. – PRINTS (Evan will print your image* on any type of MOAB paper you want if you’re up for waiting!)
* Images can be on thumb drives or memory cards and must be ‘print ready’ (no raw files please) and the largest file possible.
About Evan Parker:
Evan is a professional photographer and custom printer in Seattle. He has specialized in architecture and interiors for the past 12 years and works with fellow photographers to help them create the best prints possible. Though he began in the darkroom, he has come to prefer the possibilities and relative simplicity of inkjet printing. His goal is to demystify the printing process and make it part of the creative process.