Blackmagic’s latest 7.3 firmware update, now available for their 4K, 6K and 6K Pro Pocket Cinema Cameras, adds a slew of new and improved features including, new monitoring options and improved autofocus for the 4K, 6K and 6K Pro models.
It also adds support for generation 5 colour science, LCD screen dimming and Blackmagic RAW Q1 and Q3 constant quality recording to Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K models.
4K DCI Blackmagic RAW recording has also been added to Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K.
For the full list of improvements for all cameras, keep reading below.
What’s new in Blackmagic Camera Update 7.3
Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, 6K and 6K Pro
- Upgrades the luminance histogram to RGB histogram.
- Adds colour channel clipping indicators.
- Adds false colour guide display.
- Adds LCD screen calibration settings.
- Improves auto focus and active lens control.
- Improves focus peaking visibility.
- Fixes an issue with importing LUT’s and Presets.
Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K
- Adds support for Generation 5 colour science.
- Adds support for LCD screen dimming for power conservation.
- Adds Q1 and Q3 Blackmagic RAW recording options.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Pro includes additional pro features such as built in 2, 4 and 6 stop ND filters, adjustable tilt HDR LCD with a bright 1500 nits that’s ideal for use in bright sunlight. It also includes two mini XLR audio inputs and a larger NP-F570 style battery.
URSA Studio Viewfinder
- Fixes bug that can cause image misalignment.
What’s new in Blackmagic RAW 2.0
- Adds support for Blackmagic URSA Mini Pro 12K.
- Adds support for dual card recording.
- Updates to Blackmagic Generation 5 Colour Science.
- Adds DaVinci Wide Gamut and DaVinci Intermediate gamma support.
- Adds support for Nikon Z 6II and Z 7II Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist.
- General performance and stability improvements.