If you are one of the few that lucky enough to already have a Canon R5 in your hands and shoot video with it, you’ll want to download and install Canon’s latest firmware update ASAP.
Keep in mind that this firmware update isn’t going to completely fix the overheating issues that plague the R5, but rather offers faster recovery/cool down times if the camera does overheat from prolonged use.
Canon EOS R5 OVERHEATING improvements with firmware 1.1.0
Canon R5 Firmware ver. 1.1.0: What’s New and Improved
- Useful messaging is now displayed when [HDMI display: Camera+External monitor] and [Overheat control: on] settings are enabled.
- When using certain RF lenses for movie shooting, the in-lens image stabilization mechanism has been improved.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the “Slow Synchro” setting screen is not accurately displayed, when the language is set to English.
- Fixes a typo displayed on the communication setting screen, when the language is set to Korean.
- Connectivity during FTP transmission has been improved.
- Fixes a phenomenon, in which the card access time may take longer, when using certain CFexpress cards.
- Temperature detection and shooting time control in video shooting have been improved. In addition, the total shooting time when the short-time recording and power-on/off are performed repeatedly at room temperature is improved.
- The phenomenon in which the movie recording time available is not correctly displayed when the Date/Time/Zone is not set has been corrected.
Canon EOS R5 Full Frame Mirrorless Camera Body 4147C002 Mirrorless Cameras – Vistek Canada Product Detail
The EOS R5 builds off of the powerful legacy of Canon’s full frame cameras offering next generation refinements in image quality, performance and reliability.
It’s an ideal choice for a large range of photographic and cinematographic environments from weddings, portraits, sports, journalism, landscape, cinematography and more.