The Z CAM E2 series of cameras are getting another firmware upgrade that adds some new features and resolves some bug fixes.
Updated August 6, 2020: Z CAM with Version .96 or greater can now be used as a USB webcam. Simply connect to your computer with a USB A to C type cable.
Added USB webcam and streaming features for Mac and PC:
- In-camera SRT push (web interface) – Secure Reliable Transport Protocol
- In-camera RTMP/RTMPS push (web interface) – Public Standard Open Streaming Protocols
- UVC web camera, supports both H.264 and MJPEG – Standard USB Plug & Play Webcam Protocol
This is the simplest way to connect with live meeting and collaboration apps like Zoom, etc.
Updated July 2, 2020: The joint Z CAM and ATOMOS* 12-bit Apple ProRes RAW at up to 4K60p support for E2 cameras firmware update for their Ninja V monitor/recorder is now available via the ATOMOS support page here.
Watch a ProRes RAW Test Video below
Shot on Z CAM E2 + Ninja V in ProRes RAW: ‘Walk on the wild side’ by Ludeman Productions
Note: This film was shot on pre-production firmware. The feature will be available in the Atomos Ninja V via a free AtomOS update expected June 2020.
New firmware version 0.96 for All Z CAM E2 Cameras (except E2G)
Added USB Webcam & Streaming Features for Mac and PC
- In camera SRT push (web interface) – Secure Reliable Transport Protocol
- In camera RTMP/RTMPS push (web interface) – Public Standard Open Streaming Protocols
- UVC web camera, supports both H.264 & MJPEG – Standard USB Plug & Play Webcam Protocol
- Concert image profile is added
- F2 F3 F4 can be assigned for Mode Switching
- RAW over HDMI performance
- [E2-F6][E2-S6] Noise performance further improved in high ISO settings
- [E2C][E2-F8][E2-S6] White balance range extension to 10000K color temperature
- 23.98fps is now supported frame rate for output on HDMI
- Camera preview LUT updated
- Bug Fix: H.264 meta data error
- Bug Fix: Audio gain incorrect
- Other bug fixes
Note: Z Raw is now also directly supported in Premeire (PC only) or Scratch MAC & PC
Download Plugin here: http://www.z-cam.com/lut/
Atomos Announces 12-Bit Apple ProRes RAW Support for Z CAM E2 Cameras (Now available)
The upcoming (free) firmware update from Atomos, will allow the Ninja V to record ProRes RAW HQ/ProRes RAW at up to 4K60P from the HDMI port of the E2.
Atomos and Z CAM have also announced the development of touch-screen camera control for any E2 camera with the use of a dedicated Atomos control cable (sold separately).
Atomos says that “for extreme reliability and affordability” footage will recorded to the Ninja V using AtomX SSD mini SATA drives, or other approved SSD media.
Also published on Medium.