The latest firmware update for the Sony ZV-1 will easily allow content creators to directly live stream content by simply connecting the camera via a USB cable to a Windows or Mac computer.
Once you’ve updated to ver. 2.00, you’ll be able to use the ZV-1 as a webcam to stream content via your favourite streaming platform or web-conferencing service.
The format of the streaming data is as follows.
- Video format: MJPEG
- Resolution: HD720 (1280 × 720)
- Frame rate: 30 fps / 25 fps
- Audio format: PCM, 48 kHz, 16 bit, 2 ch
- Adds the USB Streaming function
- Connecting over a USB cable to a PC or Xperia™ smartphone allows you to conduct livestreaming and online communication with the high video and audio quality
- This applies to Xperia 1 II smartphones or Xperia 5 II smartphones that have been upgraded to Android™ 11. Update availability varies by region. (As of February 9, 2021)
- Use a commercially available USB cable or terminal conversion adaptor
- Improves the overall stability and performance of the camera
You can refer to the Sony ZV-1 Help Guide section on live streaming video and audio for more details on all updated functions.
You can download the firmware updates directly from Sony via the links below.
- Update to Sony ZV-1 firmware ver. 2.00 using Windows PCs
- Update to Sony ZV-1 firmware ver. 2.00 using Mac iOS (Big Sur not supported)
Express yourself without worrying about complex settings. With features and design dedicated to content creation, you can leave the complexity to the ZV-1 and simply focus on your creativity. Built to vlog Shoot like a pro Shoot then share easily Designed for creators to love The ZV-1 is designed to capture amazing videos of you and your world, without any tricky setup.