The new Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 G-Master is a light-weight, full-frame, large-aperture, wide angle prime lens for both stills and video applications.
Internally, the lens features two XA (Extreme Aspherical) elements and an ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element that according to Sony will deliver “outstanding corner-to-corner resolution, even wide open.”
The fast autofocus utilizes an XD (Extreme Dynamic) linear focus drive system allowing the lens to quickly move the large focus group.
Because the XD motor has no gears, focusing is frictionless and contactless, providing extremely quiet and more precise autofocusing.
While not a macro lens, the FE 35mm does feature a 10.5-inch (27cm) close focusing distance and a 0.23x max magnification when using autofocus.
Focus distance is slightly better when using manual focus, featuring a 9.8-inch (25cm) close focusing distance and 0.26x max magnification. The lens also utilizes a linear response mechanism to provide precise manual focus control.
The 35mm F1.4 GM features a superior optical design, including two XA (Extreme Aspherical) elements and an ED (Extra-low Dispersion) glass element that deliver outstanding corner-to-corner resolution, even wide open. The 11-blade circular F1.4 aperture mechanism creates beautiful bokeh that is a hallmark of the G Master series. Fast focusing is attained through the XD (Extreme Dynamic) linear focus drive system. This lens sports class-leading size and weight, providing great handling and mobility.
Other features include a manual aperture ring with selectable on/off click for stills or video and a programmable focus hold button.
- Compact wide prime lens w/ stunning G Master bokeh and resolution
- f/1.4 max aperture for extraordinary brightness and depth of field
- Two (XA) Extreme Aspheric elements for stunning resolution
- ED (Extra-low dispersion) glass element reduce chromatic aberration
- Nano AR coating II suppresses reflections, flare and ghosting
- 11-blade circular aperture contributes to gorgeous bokeh
- Two XD Extreme Dynamic Linear motors for fast, precise autofocus
- Linear response MF for precise manual focus control
- Compact, lightweight design: ideal for both full-frame and APS-C2
- 10.6” min. focus distance up to 0.23x magnification for close-up shots
- Built for both worlds: Ideal for still and video creators
- Instant auto/manual focus selection via AF/MF switch
- Manual aperture ring w/ selectable on/off click for stills or movie
- Programmable focus hold button for multiple custom functions
- Dust and moisture resistant for robust reliability
- Fluorine front-element coating helps repel dirt and fingerprints