FUJIFILM unveiled two new digital cameras yesterday at CES in Las Vegas – the X100S and the X20.
The X100S is a high-speed successor to the X100 (with the same retro styling) featuring the world’s fastest AF of 0.08 seconds (as of its November 2012 research studies.) The newly-developed 16.3 million pixels APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor and EXR Processor II, which increase resolution by approx. 25% and reduce noise by more than 30% (when compared with its predecessor), have the ability to capture high resolution images comparable to those taken on full-frame sensors. Thanks to the removal of the optical low pass filter and powerful processor, the FUJIFILM X100S will produce a clear image with minimal graininess even at a high ISO setting.
- 6.3 million pixels APS-C X-Trans CMOS II sensor
- EXR Processor II
- Hybrid Viewfinder (OVF / EVF)
- FUJINON 23mm F2 lens
- Intelligent Hybrid AF (with the world’s fastest AF speed of 0.08 sec.)
- Start-up time of 0.5 sec.
- Shutter time lag of 0.01 sec.
- Shooting interval of 0.5 sec.
- High-contrast and wide viewing-angle 2.8-inch Premium Clear LCD (460K dots)
- Super Intelligent Flash
- Burst shooting rate of up to 6.0 frames per second at full resolution (max. 31 frames)
- Focus Peak Highlight function
- Digital Split Image display
- Artistic filters
- Full HD movie recording (60fps / 30fps)
Following in the footsteps of the highly acclaimed X10, FUJIFILM’s new X20 inherits its high-precision lens and refined design, while featuring substantially improved performance. With an X-Trans CMOS II sensor, EXR Processor II and newly-developed Advanced Optical Viewfinder, the X20 is packed full of Fujifilm’s latest technology. The X20 is available in both black and two-tone black and silver. The X20’s bright optical viewfinder features a newly-developed Digital Trans Panel. This displays the shutter speed, aperture, ISO, focusing area and other shooting information perfectly clearly, even in low-light conditions. What’s more, the X20’s Advanced Optical Viewfinder synchs with the zoom lens, so that users can accurately compose shots using the viewfinder even when the focal length is constantly changing.
- Advanced Optical Viewfinder with a Digital Trans Panel
- 12 million pixels 2/3-inch X-Trans CMOS II sensor
- Intelligent Hybrid AF in 0.06 seconds
- Improved EXR Processor II
- High quality fast F2.0-2.8 lens
- 4x FUJINON manual barrel zoom lens
- 2.8-inch High Contrast LCD monitor (460K dots)
- Pop-up Super Intelligent Flash
- Fast start-up time of 0.5 seconds, shutter time lag of 0.01 seconds
- Super Macro mode (1cm)
- Motion Panorama360
- 8 Advanced Filters, including ‘Pop Color’ for boosting saturation and ‘Toy Camera’ for a retro look
- Q button for frequently used menu items
- Function (Fn) button
- Multiple Exposure
- GUI showing the focal distance, aperture value and shutter speed in sync with the zoom ring or command dial rotation.
- ADVANCED SR AUTO mode with 64 shooting patterns
- Full HD movie (60fps)
- Manual focus during movie recording
- Output for Stereo Microphone (sold separately)
- Focus Peak Highlight function on the LCD screen
- Available in all black or two-tone black and silver
- 4 types of shutter sounds — Lens Shutter, Focal Plane Shutter, Mirror Up and Silent Shutter.
- Film Simulation mode
- Electronic level
- Live histogram