Canon has announced the latest in the EOS Rebel lineup – the new 18-megapixel T4i. And with an APS-C sensor, DIGIC 5 Image Processor and an ISO range topping out at 25,000, the new flagship DSLR brings brand-new and improved focus capabilities.
A 9-point all cross-type AF system (including a high-precision dual cross f/2.8 center point) delivers improved autofocus performance, and a new Hybrid CMOS AF System increases autofocus speed when shooting photos and video in Live View. And the T4i also features an articulating 3″ LCD touchscreen with pinch-zoom and swipe navigation – just like on your smartphone!
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, ISO 100-12800; expandable to 25600 (H) for shooting from bright to dim light and high performance DIGIC 5 Image Processor for exceptional image quality and speed.
- High-speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps allows you to capture all the action.
- Improved autofocus performance with a 9-point all cross-type AF system (including a high-precision dual-cross f/2.8 center point), and new Hybrid CMOS AF increases auto focus speed when shooting photos and video in Live View.
- Enhanced EOS Full HD Movie mode with Movie Servo AF for continuous focus tracking of moving subjects, manual exposure control and multiple frame rates (1080: 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 720: 60p (59.94) / 50p, 480: 30p (29.97) / 25p), built-in stereo microphone, manual audio level adjustment, and Video Snapshot with editing for expanded video shooting options.
- New Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II (approximately 1,040,000 dots) with smudge-resistant coating features multi-touch operation and Touch AF for an easy and intuitive experience, flexible positioning, and clear viewing even when outdoors.
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode delivers expertly optimized photos and now offers improved scene detection for amazing results when shooting at night.
- Expand your creativity with new advanced imaging features like Handheld Night Scene mode, HDR Backlight Control mode, and seven Creative Filters including newly added Art Bold Effect and Water Painting Effect.
- Multi Shot Noise Reduction provides outstanding noise reduction while preserving precious detail at high ISO speeds.
- Compatibility with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards, including new Ultra High-Speed (UHS-I) cards.
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.
Released in tandem with the T4i are two new lenses – the EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM & the EF 40mm f/2.8 STM – featuring Canon’s new Stepping Motor technology, which allows the lenses to smoothly and silently focus and, when used in combination with Canon’s new EOS Rebel T4i Movie Servo AF feature, achieve continuous AF while recording video.[flagallery gid=12 name=”Canon EOS Rebel T4i”]
Lens availability: end of June.