Nikon announced, today, the new 24.2-megapixel Nikon D3200 HD-SLR – a camera designed for the photography enthusiast ready to step up to a digital SLR or for the busy family memory-keeper with an active lifestyle who demands a camera that can keep pace.
- 24.2 effective megapixels. Nikon-developed DX-format CMOS image sensor
- Easier-to-use Guide Mode that shows you how to take great pictures
- Compact and light body with reliable holding that enables sharp pictures with minimal camera shake
- Image-processing engine EXPEED 3 – the same as that used by the Nikon D4 FX-format flagship camera – achieves high speed, multiple functions and high performance
- Sharp pictures can be taken with minimal blur even for dark indoor or sports scenes. Wide ISO sensitivity range at standard setting is from ISO 100 to 6400. Can be set to ISO 12800 equivalent.
- Scene Recognition System enables beautiful pictures with sharp focus and appropriate brightness and color by recognizing the subject and scene conditions prior to capture.
- High-speed continuous shooting at approx. 4 fps to capture decisive moments reliably.
- Large and easy-to-view, high-definition, approx. 921k-dot, 7.5-cm/3-in., wide-viewing-angle LCD monitor.
- The variety of Scene Modes ensures the most appropriate camera settings according to shooting situations, such as Child and Landscapes.
- Scene Auto Selector selects the optimal scene mode automatically according to the shooting scene or subject.
- WU-1a Wireless Mobile Adapter (optional) transmits taken images to smart devices wirelessly.
- Choice of body colors – black and red. High-quality compact and light styling ensures superior operability.
- Variety of in-camera image-editing functions such as Selective color, Miniature effect, and Trim.
Available: late April, 2012; MSRP (kit including AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR lens): $749.95
>> Read the full camera specs
>> Read the full press release
>> Download the brochure