Nikon has announced the successor to the D7200, the D7500 mid-range DSLR that slots in nicely just below their DX- Format flagship D500 in terms of capabilities.
While the D7500 may look similar to the D7200, it’s inherited the 3.2-inch tilting touchscreen, 20.9-megapixel DX format APS-C sensor (without the antialiasing filter) and Expeed 5 image processor (30% faster than the D7200’s Expeed 4 processor) found on the more expensive D500.
Other features similar to the D500 include:
- 51-point AF system with 15 cross-type sensors
- 180,000-pixel sensor
- Snapbridge, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi file-transferring system (however, no NFC)
The D7500 is built to outperform any camera in its class with top-tier image quality, blazing speed, flawless autofocus, 4K Ultra HD video and pro-grade creative tools-all in a comfortable, rugged design.
With it’s improved buffering, the D7500 can capture 8fps up to 100 JPEG Fine frames or up to 50 14-bit lossless compressed RAW frames and the ability to continue shooting while the previous RAW images are being written to the memory card.
Video shooters should be happy with its ability to capture up to up to 29 minutes 59 seconds of 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) video at 24, 25 and 30fps and improved low-light capabilities thanks to the Expeed 5 processor.
- 4K UHD 3,840×2,160 / 30 fps
- 4K UHD 3,840×2,160 / 25 fps
- 4K UHD 3,840×2,160 / 24 fps
- Full HD 1,920×1,080 / 60 fps
- Full HD 1,920×1,080 / 50 fps
- Full HD 1,920×1,080 / 30 fps
- Full HD 1,920×1,080 / 25 fps
- Full HD 1,920×1,080 / 24 fps
- HD 1,280×720 / 60 fps
- HD 1,280×720 / 50 fps
- Actual frame rates for 60p, 50p, 30p, 25p, and 24p are 59.94, 50, 29.97, 25, and 23.976 fps respectively
- High quality available at all frame sizes, normal quality available at all sizes except 3,840 x 2,160
Nikon hasn’t set a firm release date as of yet, but we do expect to see the D7500 to start shipping out to customers later this summer.
D7500 Key Features
- Equivalent image quality, ISO range (100 – 51,200, expandable to 1,640,000), image processing and metering to the D500
- Large 3.2” 922K dot, tilting LCD screen with touch functionality
- 51-point AF system with 15 cross-type sensors and group-area AF paired with up to 8 fps continuous shooting capability
- 4K Ultra HD and 1080p Full HD video with stereo sound, power aperture control, auto ISO, 4K UHD Time-Lapse and more
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for easy connectivity through the Nikon SnapBridge App