Nikon announced two new additions to both the Nikon 1 and Coolpix lineups: the Nikon 1 J2 and the Coolpix L610.
The Nikon 1 J2 expands upon the Nikon 1 J1 with new features such as a Creative Mode that provides a variety of photo effects for users, a metallic body, a higher resolution LCD screen and the addition of stylish new colour offerings. And it comes equipped with all the integral functions such as high-speed AF, high-speed continuous shooting, Motion Snapshot, and the Smart Photo Selector.
The Nikon 1 J2 sports a metallic camera body and Mode Dial, giving the camera a sharp look and comfortable feel in hand. It’s also available in six colours: white, black, silver, pink, deep red and orange.
- CX High-Speed AF 10.1MP CMOS Sensor
- 3″ high resolution 921K-Dot colour LCD
- EXPEED 3 dual image processor
- Panoramic mode
- 10 fps continuous xhooting in AF mode
- Selective colour & backlighting modes
- Full HD (1080p) video capture with stereo sound
- Motion snapshot 1-Touch photo animation (new imaging technology that incorporates the vibrancy of a movie into a still picture)
- Night portrait & landscape modes
Along with the new camera body, comes the release of the 1 NIKKOR 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 lens and WP-N1 waterproof case.[flagallery gid=31 name=”Nikon 1 J2″]
The Nikon 1 J2 camera with the 10-30mm lens will be available September 2012; MSRP: $599.95. | The 1 NIKKOR 11-27.5mm f/3.5-5.6 lens will be available (in black and white) September 2012; MSRP: $199.95. | The WP-N1 underwater case will be available September 2012; MSRP: $799.95.
The Nikon Coolpix L610 is equipped with a 14x optical zoom lens, is easy to use, and offers a number of features and functions that allow users to capture the intended shots with the simplest of operations. The image sensor is a backside illumination CMOS sensor with an effective pixel count of 16.0-million pixels that achieves superior image quality, even at high sensitivities. The camera is also equipped with lens-shift vibration reduction (VR), Target Finding AF, with which the user need only point the camera in the direction of the intended subject and the camera automatically identifies and focuses on that subject, and support for recording full-HD movies with excellent picture quality. The L610 comes in three colours: black, silver and red.
- 16.0 effective megapixels adding up to superior low-light performance
- Full HD 1080p movie recording at the touch of a single button
- 7.5 cm (3-in.) high-resolution 460k-dot (approx.) LCD
- EXPEED C2 image-processing engine
- Special effects available when shooting pictures or movies
- Filter effects available for stored images
- Powered by commonly available R6/AA-size batteries
- Macro shooting from as close as 1 cm (0.4 in.)
- Smart portrait system
- 19 optimized scene modes
- Eye-Fi card support
The Nikon Coolpix L610 will be available September 2012; MSRP: $279.95