Introducing the World’s First Compact with Mechanical 5-axis Stabilization
Olympus introduced the STYLUS SH-1®, the first compact camera equipped with optical 5-axis image stabilization for both still images and videos. The STYLUS SH-1’s 5-axis mechanical image stabilization, originally developed for the Olympus OM-D E-M5® interchangeable lens camera, combined with a powerful 24x, high-powered optical zoom lens, full 1080 60p HD video and built-in Wi-Fi, delivers outstanding performance in a body with an elegant look and feel.
- The Olympus STYLUS SH-1 at a glance:
- 16-megapixel backlit CMOS sensor
- TruePic VII image processor
- 24x optical (48x super-resolution zoom) long zoom lens
- Full HD video, including fast 240 fps*6 (or 120 fps in 720p) High-Speed Movie
- Interval Shooting function for a maximum of 99 shots
- Manual Mode for adjusting exposure parameters
- Touch screen controls for selecting the autofocus area
- multiple Art Filters and Photo Story
The in-body 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization, now enhanced to support still images, corrects for various types of camera shake to deliver crisp images and video even when shooting in dark locations without a flash or tripod. The Olympus STYLUS SH-1 also incorporates a new hybrid image stabilization that electronically stabilizes movie shooting to easily create natural-looking recordings of children and other active subjects, even when the user is walking.
The design of the Olympus STYLUS SH-1 is inherited from the popular Olympus PEN® interchangeable lens system cameras. The top and main controls are built with aluminum alloy, and superior craftsmanship extends to every detail of the camera components, including the lens barrel, dials and grip.
Stay tuned for Pricing and availability!