The news from Photokina doesn’t seem to be disappointing this year… just check out the excitement from Panasonic!
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2: this 16.05MP hybrid mirror-free touch control DSL Micro Camera features full HD 1920×1080/60i movie recording and the worlds fastest level (it reportedly requires only 0.1 second to focus and capture the shot) of Light Speed AF… sounds pretty amazing, right?
Well what if we told you it could also shoot in 3D? Seriously!
With the new LUMIX G 12.5mm / F12 (H-FT012) – a 3D-capable interchangeable lens – you can easily & instantly shoot in 3D. It produces 3D images without distortion or time lag between left and right images, even for moving objects. The 3D images, even close-up shots, taken with this lens are easy on the eyes when viewed on 3D VIERA televisions (mpo side by side format).
Have a 360-degree gander at this amazing new camera & check out the full press release for detailed camera specs. Due: early November
In addition to this new member to the Lumix G family, have a look at the new lenses to join in on the fun:
Lumix G Vario 100-300mm / F4.0-5.6 / MEGA O.I.S. (H-FS100300)
- Long Zoom Range of 100-300mm (35mm camera equivalent: 200-600mm)
- MEGA O.I.S. – Panasonic’s Advanced Hand-shake Correction Technology
- Contrast AF System Support
- Based on the Micro Four Thirds System Standard
- Circular Aperture Diaphragm
- Multi-coated Lens Elements Minimize Ghosts and Flare
Due: early November
Lumix G 14mm / F2.5 ASPH (H-H014)
- 28mm wide angle (35mm camera equivalent) and F2.5 brightness
- 3 aspherical lenses for a superb optical performance in compact size
- High-speed, silent Contrast AF for both photos and movies with inner focus drive system
- Circular aperture diaphragm
- Multi-coated lens elements minimize ghosts and flare
And, as mentioned, above, the Lumix G 12.5mm / F12 (H-FT012)
- The world’s first interchangeable 3D lens
- Features two optical systems installed within the diameter of the lens mount, creating stereo images from the left and right lenses, to be processed with a 3D image processing system
- Extremely Compact Size and Light Weight Body
- Produces 3D images without distortion or time lag between left and right images
- 4 elements in 3 groups
- Maximum magnification of approx. 0.02x / 0.1x (35mm camera equivalent)
Due: late November
And, last, but most certainly not least: Ladies & Gentlemen, the Panasonic HDC-SDT750… the world’s first consumer-targeted 3D camcorder!
This bold step forward in videography allows 3D images to be recorded at home. Incorporating Panasonic broadcast technology, this new 3MOS camcorder lets users easily create their own 3D movies, something that only professional image producers were previously able to do. Combined with a VIERA 3DTV and Blu-ray Disc player/recorder, the Panasonic SDT750 3D camera makes it possible to save precious memories of friends and family in vivid, lifelike images, to further expand the world of 3D enjoyment at home.
With the addition of Panasonic’s new 3D conversion lens to the 700 series highly touted 3MOS system you can shoot 3D video using the same principle as human vision. Left-and right-eye images are simultaneously shot with two lenses. The 3D conversion lens (included with the camera) is detachable, and the dual-lens 3D attachment mounts onto the HDC-SDT750’s F1.5, 12x optical zoom Leica lens.
And to help edit those perfect moments, the Panasonic SDT750 comes with HD Writer AE 2.6T PC editing software (for Windows OS). This software allows users to easily edit recorded 3D images, and save them onto PCs or BD/DVD discs.