The spring edition of Point of View Magazine is now on stands and, to coincide with this, the good folks at POV have also launched an exciting new web series! The POV interview series – In Conversation with Point of View magazine editor, Marc Glassman, features original content that’s not included in the print issue. And you’ll find it all at POV’s new YouTube Channel!
The series launches with a three-part interview featuring Wim Wenders, who graces the cover of this latest issue. Check out part one!
Be sure to check out the POV YouTube channel for the rest of this interview !
Inside This Issue:
- Master filmmaker Wim Wenders talks to POV’s editor Marc Glassman about his creative process in making the documentaries Pina, Buena Vista Social Club, The Soul of a Man and Lightning Over Water.
- Policy Matters columnis, Barri Cohen, reports from the Realscreen Summit 2012… where nary a ‘documentary’ word is heard.
- Jennifer Baichwal’s adaptation of Margaret Atwood’s Payback raises issues about debt— and not just the monetary kind. By Sarah Keenlyside.
- Campaigns about breast cancer are growing but the disease isn’t on the wane. Léa Pool’s documentary Pink Ribbons, Inc. investigates a contemporary dilemma. By Jocelyne Clarke.
- Melanie Sevcenko surveys the edgy, innovative interactive and web-based docs unveiled at IDFA’s Doc Lab in Amsterdam, including Insitu, Highrise: One Millionth Tower, Barcode.tv and Beyond 9/11.
- Stephanie Boyd looks at dedicated young Arab filmmakers and their works in the months before Arab Spring.
- Adam Nayman looks at a diverse array of art docs feature at Toronto’s Reel Artists Film Festival.
- Is funding for art docs under attack? Matthew Hays examines the Canadian scene art scene and comes up with unusual answers.
- Brought back by popular demand, filmmaker and writer James Buffin offers his personal look at the docs at TIFF 2011.
- Nik Sheehan reviews The Queer Film Classic Series, cutting-edge books on gay and lesbian cinema.
- Freeze Frame: Pina
Get your subscription to POV Magazine, or purchase individual issues HERE.