Cameras weren’t the only thing that Nikon announced yesterday. They also added the SB-5000 AF Speedlight to their already solid line up of flash systems.
The SB-5000 AF Speedlight is now the big daddy in Nikon’s Creative Lighting System. Fully compatible with the other flashes (and cameras) in this system, the SB-5000 can be used as the “Master Flash” to control up to six groups of remote flashes even if they are out of view, (behind obstacles, even in other rooms) up to 98 feet away.
The SB-5000 was built to handle more than 100 consecutive firings at full output without overheating. It’s able to accomplish this thanks to it’s innovative built-in hot-shoe mount flash cooling system and heat shedding design.
Redesigned to be smaller and easier to operate.
The SB-5000 was designed for photographers who rely on portable lighting. It has a smaller footprint and provides streamlined access to frequently used functions such as:
- Flash Mode,
- Zoom Head Position
- Flash Compensation Value.
Similar to your camera, the SB-5000 also has an “Info” button for quick access to your favorite settings.
The Nikon SB-5000 AF Speedlight is expected to be released in March and will retail for $769.99
Pre-Order your’s through Vistek today.
Nikon SB-5000 Speedlight Key Features
- Radio control Advanced Wireless Lighting that does not require line-of-sight to work
- Flash cooling system provides more than 100 consecutive shots at full output
- Streamlined access to your frequently used functions such as Flash Mode, Zoom Head Position and Flash Compensation Value
- Fully compatible with all current optical control Speedlights