Last September, Profoto launched the insanely portable B10 250 AirTTL, a battery-powered strobe that allows you to bring studio level lighting to just about anywhere you need it. Now, less that a year later, Profoto has done it again, this time with the slightly larger and more powerful B10 Plus AirTTL.
Externally, the Profoto B10 Plus is about 3 inches longer and just shy of a pound heavier than the original B10, but otherwise looks identical to it’s smaller sibling.
In terms of features, both the B10 and B10 Plus offer 10-stops of range, AirTTL, HSS, Bluetooth, Continuous Light Mode with adjustable brightness and colour temperature and portability.
Where the B10 Plus differs from the B10 is power, with the Plus model offering 500 W/s of output, double that of the B10.
However, both units use the same battery type, which means that while the B10 can deliver up to 400 full power flashes, the B10 Plus can only offer up to 200 full power flashes. This also has an effect on the recycling time, with the B10 Plus recycling slightly slower at 0.05 – 2.5s vs. 0.05-2.0s of the B10.
The Profoto B10 Plus is twice as powerful as the B10, and ten times more powerful than a speedlight. With a size no bigger than a long camera lens, it is easy to bring anywhere. You can shoot video with the integrated continuous light and thanks to Profoto’s system compatibility there are almost endless opportunities to grow.
- Size and shape of a camera lens
- Lightweight and cordless
- Optional with the flash power of 10 speedlights (B10 Plus) or 5 speedlights (B10)
- Continuous light with adjustable brightness and color temperature
- Flexibility to set up on camera tripods or light stands
- Compatibility with 120+ Profoto light shaping tools including the OCF range
- Compatibility with all Profoto Air remotes, including the Profoto A1/A1X
- Smart connectivity with the Profoto app