Having already produced zoom or focusable flash heads back in the sixties, Elinchrom decided to use today’s technology to recreate this useful flash head for introduction to whole new generation. The new Zoom Action head offers unique super short flash duration with a user replaceable single, twin electrode flash tube to ensure even light distribution.
These heads offer a microprocessor-controlled, low-noise fan cooling system, a new included transparent glass dome & a new user-replaceable plug-in flash tube. It also features a zoom function for the modelling lamp and flash tube to obtain individual results when used with reflectors or a wide and even light distribution for Rotalux softboxes. And the zoom function is accessible from both sides of the head housing – which is rock-solid and lightweight with a large rubberised handle.
[flagallery gid=1 name=”Elinchrom Zoom”]
- Small UV coated flash tube diameters for short flash durations and better subject control.
- New user-replaceable plug-in flash tube.
- Now with included transparent, security glass dome. Satin /matte glass domes are available as options.
- Efficient built-in reflector, with a 90° light distribution to maximize softbox performance, in addition there is a zoom function for flash tube and modelling lamp for a individual wider or more focussed light beam when used with reflectors.
- Reflector-bayonet with breech locking ring, fits all Elinchrom reflectors since 1974. Huge EL-Reflector and Rotalux softbox range.
- Centred umbrella fitting with additional umbrella holder at the tilt head.
- Efficient low-noise fan cooling. The fan spins slowly at low temperatures and fast when the head heats up.
- Illuminated on/off modelling lamp switch, with overheat LED indication, which shuts off the modelling lamp until the head cooled down.
- Aluminium chassis with fire resistant housing.
- Extremely lightweight, only 2.3 kg, including the 5 m heavy-duty flash cable.
- Can be used with either 110 V or 230 V Elinchrom power packs. Note that the Halogen modelling lamp must conform to the correct voltage.