The new X Webcam software from Fujifilm will allow you to use select X or GFX series cameras as webcams.
Updated on September 21, 2020 with Firmware ver. 2.0 information See below.
Firmware ver. 2.0
- Camera settings (*1) can be changed during an online meeting.
- This upgrade will create the “X Webcam 2” icon. Clicking the icon will make the control panel appear and you can change some settings of the camera.
- *1: Changeable settings – FILM SIMULATION (*2), INSTANT AF (*3), AE LOCK, DIGITAL ZOOM (*2), EXPOSURE COMPENSATION and WHITE BALANCE
- *2: Options and magnification depend on the models.
- *3: In case of X-Pro2, the INSTANT AF and AE LOCK can be used in MF mode.
Additional Camera’s added – June 24, 2020
New Supported Cameras (requires firmware update)
Original Post – May 27, 2020
If you own one of the following cameras, and run a Windows 10 (x64) based system the software will allow you to connect the camera to your computer via a USB cable offering a huge boost in picture quality over a traditional webcam. Depending on the camera model, you can also use the Eterna film simulation profile while operating the camera as a webcam
It’s also important to note that the software is not compatible with all video conferencing software.
The best part is that Fujifilm is offering the software free of charge and you can download it here
Fuji Guys – FUJIFILM X Webcam Tutorial
The Fuji Guys “Billy” provides a quick 3 step tutorial on transforming your X/GFX Series compatible camera into a high quality webcam.