Panasonic has released their version of “turn your camera into a webcam” software following in the footsteps of Canon and Fujifilm‘s releases last month. The LUMIX Tether for Streaming (Beta) software is currently only available for PC (Windows 10) systems and is free to download.
June 8, 2020 Panasonic Announcement
Panasonic releases “LUMIX Tether for Streaming (Beta)” software program for PC integrating new LIVE VIEW mode for live streaming purpose
Panasonic announced the release of “LUMIX Tether for Streaming (Beta)” on June 8, 2020. The beta software program for Windows is derived from conventional “LUMIX Tether (Ver.1.7)” with an additional display option for the cases where this software is used for live streaming purposes. It may help user convenience in the growing self-streaming opportunities.
As “LUMIX Tether” is a software program originally designed for tethered shooting, GUIs such as a focus area mark as well as control panels are displayed with live view images on the PC monitor during USB tethering. However, these graphic items become a hindrance when the software is used to capture camera view for live streaming. In response to the demands of customers to resolve this issue, LIVE VIEW mode has been added on “LUMIX Tether for Streaming (Beta)”. It enables displaying camera view only, making it easy for the separate streaming software to read it. Users can choose to show or hide these graphic items during USB tethering according to the usage purpose.
“LUMIX Tether for Streaming (Beta)” is provided as a pre-release version that is currently still under development. Please note that this software is not eligible for operation warranty and customer support.
- Please update firmware of the camera body to the latest version before use.
- This Tethering software was designed primarily for still photography.
- While in video mode, some features may not operate the same as they do while in still photo mode.
- When Picture Size is set to XL in High Resolution Mode, you cannot check XL image with the original image quality because it is resized on review window. *The file itself is not resized, only viewing image is resized.
- When adjusting the picture quality in Photo Style, the Grain Effect will not be visualized on live view window.
- You also need streaming software to do live streeming.
- We recommend you to keep using LUMIX Tether ver1.7 for all of the other functions except for newly added Live View mode on LUMIX Tether for Streaming (Beta) .
- You can not run this Lumix Tether for streaming (Beta) and Lumix Tether at the same time. *Simultaneous installation on PC is possible
- Please note that operation and user support is not guaranteed due to beta version.
Download the LUMIX Tether for Streaming (Beta) software here.