Amid the launch of a new collection of bags in the much-lauded Ultra-Light, Pro-Light, D-Light, and DPS (digital photo series) families of bags, KATA has announced it’s most exciting bag yet – the Revolver-8 PL Backpack.
From the outside, the Revolver (part of the Pro-Light series, incidentally) looks much the same as any photo backpack. But looks can be deceiving. What sets the Revolver apart is it’s unique rotating lens compartment (think: an adjustable, nylon Lazy Susan) that allows you quick and easy access to each of your lenses without taking the bag off your back and sitting it down.
And, with identical access openings on either side, the bag works whether your a leftie or a rightie. Perhaps even more impressive is the gear capacity for this relatively modest-sized ( H x L x W: 19.29 x 12.99 x 9.84″ | 49 x 33 x 24 cm) bag; the Revolver can hold a DSLR with an attached lens along with a Pro-DSLR (DSLR body + grip), 5 different backup lenses, a 70-200mm zoom lens, laptop AND your personal stuff.
- Elements Cover: The provided elements cover will protect your valuable equipment during extreme weather conditions. The element cover is two sided – the black side for rain protection, the silver side for heat deflection, dust cover or even a reflector if needed.
- Laptop Compartment: The Revolver features a padded laptop compartment which will allow you to always have your computer at hand and easily accessible. Please check the Kata bag Chooser for compatible laptop models.
- Insertrolley Compatible: Compatible with the Kata Insertrolley (KT VG-DTS, sold separately) – a simple yet ingenious system that allows you to carry the case, or even several cases at once, on a trolley. Simply slide the trolley through the integrated sleeve on any of KATA’s compatible cases for secure and easy mobility. Even for larger cases – Kata’s extendable wheel system helps to better stabilization. You can detach the trolley when you want to store it, or for maintenance.
- EPH System Compatible: The Revolver is compatible with the Kata Ergonomic Photo system which will allow you to connect additional bags for extra carrying possibilities. You can add backpacks, torso packs or waist packs to any of your Kata EPH system compatible bags.
EPH System from Kata Bags on Vimeo.
- On Board: These bags were designed to comply with on board luggage regulations. Do note that different air lines might have more restricting rules. We recommend checking with your air lines for current luggage restriction before purchase
- Spine Guard MK II: The specially formed foam vertebrae Spine Guard provides ultimate structural protection
The Revolver-8 PL Backpack will be available September 2012.