Greg Gorman is one of the greatest US photographers of our time and if you’re a photo enthusiast, dedicated amateur or an inquisitive professional, you can gain interesting insights and learn a lot from this well-known artist during his workshops.
You won’t want to miss this unique opportunity to learn new photography skills & techniques with legendary master photographer Greg Gorman.
Since 2012, the Atelier Jungwirth team has been organizing European workshops with Greg Gorman amidst scenic surroundings in cool locations.
This year, participants have the opportunity to choose from three different locations:
- Southern Styria in Austria
- A castle north of Milan or
- Provence, France
You and a small group will spend an intimate 5 days learning from and discussing photography with Greg as he and his team assists and mentors you during indoor and outdoor shoots in castles, villas and other locations that are steeped in history.
During each of the workshops, Greg Gorman will deal with the areas which have made him famous – portrait photography and the nude.
Participants will learn the secrets of his lighting techniques and will have the opportunity to take photographs under his guidance.
- Selection of location
- Choice of model
- Analysis of the model
- Treatment of light
- Natural or artificial light
- Colour, black and white, light and shade
- Perspectives, angles and positions
- Treatment of flawless bodies and also of normal, not quite so perfect bodies
- Picture analysis, optimization and image editing
Participants will also find the honest criticism of the photos by Greg Gorman and the direct demonstration of his image optimization, (which he gives daily based on the previous day’s work) incredibly insightful.
Particularly exciting, above all, are the incidental conversations in which it is a matter of the many minor, unanswered questions – acquisition, marketing, customers, publishing houses, magazines, agencies, etc.
- 11th–15th June 2017, Southern Styria, Austria
- 18th–22nd June 2017, Milan, Italy
- 25th–29th June 2017, Provence, France
*The workshops are conducted in English and the number of participants is limited.
Order of Events
- Arrival, introduction, introductory talk, portfolio review and lighting demos
Days 2 to 4
- Presentation of Greg’s work, publications, edited photos
- Discussion of pictures taken by participants on the previous day
- Indoor and outdoor shooting with 2 to 3 models
- Discussion of photos and resumé
Price (In Euros)
- €3,300 – Includes board & lodging (beverages not included)
- €280 – Surcharge for single occupancy
- €3,000 – Early bird rate for registration before the end of April 2017
- €1,000 Down payment due upon registration
- Remaining amount to be paid 3 weeks before the workshop at the latest
- All prices are exclusive of 20% VAT
Note: If the workshop is cancelled any amounts already paid will be reimbursed or an alternative workshop location offered in good time.
Photos from past participants:
For Registration & Further Information Contact:
Austria, 8010 Graz
Hours – Central European Time Zone (UTC+01:00):
Tuesday – Friday – 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday – 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Also published on Medium.