[dropcap style=”square”]I[/dropcap]t’s been 4 long years since the last update to Canon’s best selling 5D line of cameras, and today, they’ve finally announced the long-rumored and much-anticipated follow-up to the 5D Mark III, the Canon 5D Mark IV.
We’ll go deeper into the features and performance of the Mark IV once we get our hands on one, so for now, we’ll be going over the specs only.
So without further delay, let’s dive into the Canon 5D Mark IV…
[the_grid name=”Canon 5D Mark IV Images”]
EOS 5D Mark IV Specifications:
- 30.4 MP CMOS sensor
- ISO range of 100-32,000, expandable to 50-102,400
- DCI 4K (4096 by 2160) at 30/25/24 fps with 8.8 MP JPEG image extraction
- Dual Pixel raw file format allows post-production fine-tuning of focal point, foreground bokeh shifting, and image ghosting reduction
- 61-point (41-point cross type) AF system with expanded coverage and focusing down to -3 EV
- 7 fps continuous shooting speed
- Built-In Wi-Fi and NFC (remote shooting & sharing of images capabilities)
- Built-In GPS for geotagging of images
- DIGIC 6+ processor
- Fully functional touchscreen allows for
- setting changes
- focal point selection
- image review
- pinch-to-zoom gestures
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor including anti-flicker protection
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF & Movie Servo AF
- Time-Lapse movie mode
- 100% coverage viewfinder
- Dual CF and SD card slots
- Mirror vibration control system to ensure maximum sharpness
See the Canon 5D Mark IV at ProFusion Expo this October.
Get You Free Tickets today!
Pre-order* yours from Vistek today
[column size=”1/3″][button link=”https://www.vistek.ca/store/DigitalSLRs/408777/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-dslr-body.aspx” target=”new” text_color=”#ffffff” color=”#007ac3″]Body Only – $4499.00[/button][/column]
[column size=”1/3″][button link=”https://www.vistek.ca/store/DigitalSLRs/408778/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-ef-24105mm-f4l-ii-usm.aspx” target=”new” text_color=”#ffffff” color=”#007ac3″]Kit w/EF 24-105 f/4 II – $5949.00[/button][/column]
[column size=”1/3″][button link=”https://www.vistek.ca/store/DigitalSLRs/408779/canon-eos-5d-mark-iv-ef-2470mm-f4l.aspx” target=”new” text_color=”#ffffff” color=”#007ac3″]Kit w/EF 24-70mm f/4 – $5699.00[/button][/column]
*Estimated Release Date: September 2016
[toggle title=”Comparison: 5D Mark IV vs. 5D Mark III” load=”hide”]The Mark IV offers many improvements over the Mark III as you can see in the chart below.
|Feature||5D Mark IV||5D Mark III|
|Sensor Resolution||30.4 MP||22.0 MP|
|Image Size||6720 x 4480
||5760 x 3840|
|Image Processor||DIGIC 6+||DIGIC 5+|
|Dual Pixel RAW||Yes||No|
|Continuous Shooting Speed||7 FPS||6 FPS|
|Native ISO Sensitivity||ISO 100-32,000||ISO 100-25,600|
|Video Maximum Resolution||4K||Full HD|
|LCD Size||3.2″ Touchable TFT-LCD||3.2″ Fixed TFT-LCD|
|LCD Resolution||1,620,000 dots||1,040,000 dots|
|Battery Life||900 shots (CIPA)||950 shots (CIPA)|
|Dimensions||151 x 116 x 76 mm||152 x 116 x 76 mm|
As with the 5D Mark III, the Mark IV is well suited for those shooting weddings or portraits, and will also make nature and landscape shooters very happy as well. The introduction of 4K video will also appeal strongly to videographers and filmmakers and anyone else who prefers a DSLR to shoot video with.