The Nikon D5000 is bit of a step up from your standard entry-level DSLR. It has the same sensor size as the D90 and D60 (but with the same megapixel count – 12.3 – as the D90) and features video capture and a spiffy 360-degree twist articulating LCD. So not only can you shoot with the versatility of Live View shooting, you can get a comfortable shot from pretty much any shooting perspective.
As with the D90, the D5000 includes Nikon’s D-Movie function that allos you to shoot JPEG movie clips. This particular model captures clips at 1,280 x 720 – which means you can play them back with high quality results on your HDTV.
Key features include:
- 12.3 megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor
- D-Movie Mode with Sound
- Vari-Angle colour LCD monitor
- 19 Auto-exposure Scene Modes
- One-button Live View
- Continuous shooting as fast as 4 frames-per-second
- Low noise ISO sensitivity from 200 to 3200
- Built-in image sensor cleaning
- 11-point autofocus system with 3D Focus Tracking
- Auto Active D-Lighting
- In-camera Retouch image editing
- Picture Control Settings for personal image control
- Nikon 3D Colour Matrix Metering II
- Durable, high precision shutter
- GPS geo-tagging (requires the optional GP-1GPS unit)
Get more info on the Nikon D5000.
Get more info on the Nikon D5000 with AF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 G VR DX Lens.
Get more info on the Nikon D5000 with AF-S 18-105m DX Nikkor f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens.