Olympus introduces the latest addition to their Stylus “Tough” family of cameras.
Don’t let it’s good looks fool you, like all of the other members of the Olympus “Tough” family, the Stylus TG-870 is ready, willing and able to go just about anywhere you are.
The TG-870 features a 16-megapixel CMOS sensor, an ultra-wide-angle lens (21–105mm), 5x optical zoom, GPS, WiFi & 1080p video at 60 fps.
It’s also dustproof, waterproof (up to 50ft / 15m), crushproof (up to 220lbf / 100kgf), freezeproof (up to 14ºF / -10ºC) and finally shockproof (up to 7ft / 2.1m).
Following in the footsteps of earlier models, the TG-870 boasts an impressive variety of shooting modes, including 13 Art Filters, of which 6 are new to the model. The new filters are Vintage, Key Line, Watercolor, Light Tone, Cross Process and Gentle Sepia.
It’s also equipped with night time Live Composite Mode, (if you’ve used this feature on another Olympus model, you already know how cool it is) which automatically combines the brightest areas of multiple images taken with interval shooting. It’s perfect for creating dramatic photos of cityscapes, star trails or light painting.
The Sportcam Mode puts four video options right at your fingertips.
- 60p Movie: full HD 1080p video at 60fps, or 720/60p & 480/60p options also available.
- High-Speed Movie: records slow-motion video at:
- 120 fps at 854×480 (16:9) or 640×480 (4:3) resolution
- 240 fps at 640×360 (16:9) or 480×360 (4:3) resolution
- Time Lapse Movie: Compresses hours of action into a short movie, and Sport Burst which can capture sequential images with a shutter interval of 0.05 to 60 seconds
- Night or low light: camera settings are automatically optimized for low light with Nightscape Movie or Nightscape Mode
The Olympus Tough Stylus TG-870 will be available around the end of March and retail for $329.99 plus taxes and shipping.
The TG-870 is available for pre-order through Vistek now.