Olympus Redefines the Limits of Outdoor Photography
Olympus’ STYLUS TOUGH TG-3 boasts a new level of performance for the Tough series of rugged cameras, with a high-speed f2.0 lens (25mm–100mm), expanded macro photography capabilities, GPS, and built-in Wi-Fi for shooting and sharing brilliant images and 1080p Full HD Video from anywhere.
Just how Tough is the TG-3?
- Withstands extreme conditions
- Freezeproof to -10℃ (14°F)
- Waterproof to 50 feet (15 m)
- Shockproof from seven feet (2.1 m)
- Crushproof to 220 pounds (100 kgf)
TG-3 Features at a Glance:
- A high-speed f2.0–4.9, 4.5–8.0mm (25mm–100mm*) wide-aperture lens
- TruePic VII image processor
- 16.0 megapixel backlit CMOS sensor
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- 3″ high-resolution 460,000-dot rear LCD
- Free Olympus Image Share app synchronizes a user’s iOS® or Android mobile device for social sharing
- On-board GPS
New Stuff of Note:
The TG-3’s time-lapse movie function enables expanded creative capability for capturing everything from star trails to the sunrise and sunset. The interval shooting function provides automatic sequential shooting from 1 second up to 24 hours with a maximum of 99 shots, extremely useful when the camera is mounted on a helmet, bike, kayak or surfboard. Multiple Art Filters and the Photo Story feature add creativity to any shot.
An LED ring light (sold separately) can be attached to the lens of the Olympus STYLUS TOUGH TG-3, similar to a ring flash with an emitter around the lens. Using the built-in LED light, it evenly illuminates the subject when shooting close-up, drawing out the best of the STYLUS TOUGH TG-3’s macro photography abilities. A rich lineup of optional system accessories, including waterproof fisheye and tele converter lenses, an underwater protector, float straps and multipurpose camera cases are sold separately.