In this video tutorial, Dale uses the Zhiyun Crane 2S and 3S gimbals to demonstrate advanced gimbal rigging techniques, troubleshooting strategies and the additional gear you’ll need to mount and run camera packages that border on the fringes of your gimbal’s max load capacity.
Pushing the Limits: Crane 2S & 3S | Advanced Rigging & Supports
Hey, we know that this video is way long, so use the timestamp information below to jump to the part that interests you.
- 0:00 – Rather long winded intro
- 2:45 – Tools: The one on camera talking about the ones you’ll use.
- 4:37 – Crane 2S: Ultra Light / Point & Shoot
- 8:32 – Crane 2S: Mirrorless
- 9:37 – Crane 2S: Pro Mirrorless
- 12:00 – Zhiyun TransMount Accessories
- 16:42 – Crane 2S: Cine Light
- 22:07 – Crane 3S: Cine Light
- 24:34 – Crane 3S: Cine Pro
- 28:28 – Crane 3S: Support Rigs
- 30:52 – Crane 3S: Steadicam Aero A-15/A-30
- 35:11 – Remote controlling your gimbal
Products Featured in this video:
- Zhiyun Tech Crane 2S
- Zhiyun Tech Crane 3S Pro Package
- Zhiyun TransMount Telescopic Monopod with Locking Buckle
- Zhiyun Easy Sling Handle
- Zhiyun Weebil / Crane Remote Control
- Zhiyun TransMount HDMI Video Transmitter Module
- Zhiyun Weebill S Video Receiver
- Tilta Nucleus-Nano Wireless Lens Control System Kit (Follow Focus)
- SmallRig Counterweight (200g) for DJI Ronin S and Zhiyun Gimbal Stabilizer
- SmallRig Counterweight & Mounting Clamp Kit for DJI Ronin-S Ronin-SC & Zhiyun WEEBILL-S/CRANE
- SmallRig Multi-purpose Cheese Plate
- Steadicam Steadimate-S w/ A-15 Arm & Vest Kit (for smaller gimbals)
- Steadicam Steadimate System with A-30 Arm and Zephyr Vest (best for Crane 3S)
About Dale Sood
In addition to being the video content creator/producer for Vistek Canada, Dale also spends his time working on his own projects and teaching Cinematography at a number of academic institutions.
In addition to regularly appearing on the Vistek YouTube channel, Dale can also be found on the following social channels…