If there’s one thing you can count on at NAB Show, it’s that Blackmagic Design will have the longest list of new and upgraded product announcements!
While this year’s announcement list may seem relatively small compared to last year’s, there is still plenty of exciting things to show you.
- Duplicator 4K
- URSA Studio Viewfinder
- 3G-SDI Arduino Shield
- Video Assist 4K
- Multiview 4
- Micro Converters
- UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3
- DeckLink Duo 2
- Now you can immediately sell content at live events the moment they finish! The Blackmagic Duplicator 4K allows you to deliver Ultra HD content to consumers using the latest technology H.265 files recorded onto inexpensive SD cards. You get real-time H.265 encoding and multi-rate 12G-SDI connections for recording all SD, HD and Ultra HD formats up to 2160p60, along with 25 built-in SD card recorders. That means you can shoot, record, merchandise and deliver content that customers can actually view on their 4K televisions and Windows 10 computers today!
- Allows for real-time high-quality H.265 recording onto 25 separate SD cards
- 1x built in high res LCD 320 x 240 for menu settings, status, format, audio level and total number of SD cards.
- SDI Video Input: 1 x 10 bit SD/HD/UHD auto switching
- SDI Video Output: Automatically matches the SD/HD/UHD 12G-SDI input.
- SDI Audio Input: 16 channels embedded.
- SDI Audio Output: 16 channels embedded.
- Optical Input: 1 x 10 bit SD/HD/UHD auto switching.
- Optical Output: 1 x 10 bit SD/HD/UHD auto switching.
- SD Card Interface: 25 x SD Card Slots
- Device Control: Sony™ compatible RS422 deck control port x 2. 1 x in plus 1 x out.
- Computer Interface: 1 x USB 2.0 Mini-port for software updates and Blackmagic Duplicator software control.
- Ethernet: Ethernet supports 10/100/1000 BaseT
- SD Format Support: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Format Support: 720p50, 59.94 1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 59.94, 60 1080PsF23.98, 24 1080i 60
- Ultra HD Format Support: 2160p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60.
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, 292M, 296M, 425M
- Audio Sampling: Television standard sample rate of 48 kHz and 24 bit uncompressed.
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2
The Blackmagic URSA Studio Viewfinder attaches to the top of URSA Mini and gives you a large studio quality viewfinder that’s perfect when you’re covering live events and need to stand behind the camera for hours! You get a bright 7” display with grab handles and detachable sun shade so you can comfortably shoot long events day or night. The tactile controls let you change brightness, contrast, peaking and more. The large tally light lets both the talent and operator know which camera is on the air, and it even includes customizable perspex numbers that you can insert for easy camera identification!
- Bright 7” screen with large easily viewable tally light
- Control knobs
- Large grab handles
- Variable tension articulated mount
The Blackmagic 3G-SDI Arduino Shield is an Arduino expansion board or “shield” that makes it possible for anyone to develop their own custom control solutions for Blackmagic Design cameras. Arduino is a popular low-cost open source microcontroller platform used by developers and enthusiasts. The Blackmagic 3G-SDI Arduino Shield attaches to any Arduino and then supports inserting camera control commands into the 3G-SDI link to the camera. This means all Blackmagic Studio Cameras and URSA Mini can now be controlled remotely via Arduino code and you can design and build your own custom CCU or broadcast automation solutions!
Now it’s easy to add professional monitoring and recording to any SDI or HDMI camera with Blackmagic Video Assist! You get a super-bright touch screen display that’s much larger than the displays found on DSLR cameras, making it easier to accurately set focus and frame shots, plus you get high-speed SD card recorders for HD or Ultra HD recording in incredible 10-bit 4:2:2 quality ProRes or DNxHD files. Now, with both a 7” Ultra HD and 5” HD model, Blackmagic Video Assist works with any camera where you need better monitoring and more professional high-quality file recording!
Blackmagic MultiView 4 is a multiviewer that lets you monitor 4 completely independent SDI video sources on a single display. Featuring 4 6G-SDI inputs with full re-synchronization, MultiView 4 lets you monitor any combination of SD, HD and Ultra HD video formats and frame rates all at the same time. Blackmagic MultiView 4 can output to both 1080 HD and 2160p Ultra HD displays so you connect it to either regular HD or Ultra HD televisions. If you connect an Ultra HD television or monitor, you can take advantage of the extra resolution of Ultra HD and see full resolution 1920 x 1080 HD in each view for incredible sharpness. You can even turn on audio meter overlays, custom labels and more in each view.
Blackmagic Micro Converters are incredibly tiny broadcast quality video converters that come in two models, one for converting from SDI to HDMI, and one for converting from HDMI to SDI. The rugged, miniaturized design of Blackmagic Micro Converters makes them small enough to be used anywhere and conveniently hidden out of sight! You get HDMI and professional 3G-SDI connections for working with all SD and HD formats up to 1080p60, along with an external power supply. You can even power them over USB, so Micro Converters can be powered by big screen televisions or laptop computers without having to plug them into the wall!
Built with blazingly fast Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 technology, UltraStudio lets you work with the highest quality video resolutions all the way up to Ultra HD 4K! Choose from a range of rack mount and portable UltraStudio for Thunderbolt models featuring SDI, HDMI and analog video connections. UltraStudio works with all your favourite video software such as DaVinci Resolve, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer and Adobe Creative Suite. UltraStudio are QuickTime and WDM-based and work with any Mac OS X and Windows video software!
Advanced 40Gb/s Thunderbolt 3 and PCIe solution with…
- 12G SDI
- HDMI 2.0
- Analog, 4:4:4
- Ultra HD and 4K up to 2160p60 and hardware encoder for H.265
Featuring 4 independent 3G-SDI connections, DeckLink Duo 2 is a PCIe capture and playback card that supports SDI formats in SD and HD up to 1080p60. You get the flexibility of 4 separate capture or playback cards in one! Plus, it’s completely customizable so it’s perfect for media play-out systems, multi-screen digital signage servers, real-time multi-channel capture systems and more.
- 4 independent channels
- Supports SD and HD up to 1080p60
- Completely customizable
Also published on Medium.