Canon has announced the Canon RAW Plugin 2.0 for Final Cut Pro X which enables importing and editing of Canon RAW(CRM) clips within Final Cut Pro X.
Canon RAW Plugin 2.0 for Final Cut Pro X | File version: 2.0 | Release date: 02 September 2020
“Canon RAW Plugin 2.0 for Final Cut Pro X is plugin software for importing and editing Canon RAW(CRM) clips with Final Cut Pro X, which runs on macOS systems made by Apple Inc”.
Important: Clips in formats other than RAW(CRM) are not supported.
- Installation Requirements
- Final Cut Pro X 10.4.9 or later
- GPU – Required operating environment
- Mac equipped with a GPU with 1GB or greater VRAM (including Built-In)
- The following environment is required to be able to handle 5.5K RAW(CRM), 5.9K RAW(CRM) clips.
- Mac Pro (2013 or later)
- iMac Pro (equipped with AMD Radeon Pro Vega 64)
- iMac (equipped with AMD GPU and released late 2014 or later)
- MacBook Pro (equipped with AMD GPU and released in early 2015 or later)
- The following environment is required to be able to handle 8K RAW(CRM) clips.
- Mac equipped with AMD GPU with 4GB or greater VRAM
- GPU – Recommended operating environment
- Mac Pro equipped with Dual AMD FirePro D700
You can download the update directly from Canon Europe here