The Sony VENICE has a new Firmware update! V5.0 is now available and adds a host of new features including new frame rates, built-in monitoring and VF features for Steadicam, internal HD ProRes 4:4:4:4, improved user frame line operations and more.
Before you update however, it’s important to know that this update will not work unless you are currently using the previous V4.0 or V4.01 updates. If you are still using V3.0, you must update to one of those versions prior to the newest version.
If you have met those requirements, you will have to contact an authorized reseller or camera rental house such as Vistek in Canada to get the firmware.
See below for features that have been added and improved…
Applicable model – Sony VENICE “MPC-3610”
Applicable system software version – The applicable products must have system software version “Ver.4.00” or “Ver.4.01” installed. After updating, the system software version will be “Ver.5.00”.
New Features and Improvements
- Additional High Frame Rate Support – The following expansion of the imager mode frame rates (FPS) are supported by installing a High Frame Rate License (CBKZ-3610H/HM/HW).
- 6K 1.85:1: 31 to 60, 66, 72 fps
- 6K 17:9: 31 to 60, 66, 72 fps
- 6K 2.39:1: 31 to 60, 66, 72, 75, 90 fps
- 4K 2.39:1: 1 to 60, 66, 72, 75, 90, 96, 100, 110, 120 fps
- Note: A license is not required for 4K 2.39:1 1 to 60 fps.
- Support HD ProRes 4:4:4:4
- Added ACES curves to Look selection options
- When Input Color Space is set to S-Gamut3/SLog3, three types of color tone developed by AMPAS (Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences) are available for selection.
- Improved User Frame Line operation
- Display of aspect ratio and pixel count is now shown in menu
- Additional Preset frame lines
- Recorded metadata now includes User Frame line setting
- Added De-Squeeze ratios
- 1.65x added
- Improved imaging assist functions
- Added 180° image rotation function for when shooting. This can be applied to SxS recording and VF/Monitor/SDI output.
- High-definition magnification function for monitor output is now supported.
- ND filter selection using an assignable button is now supported.
- Added a function that displays the Tilt and Roll status of the camera, using a gyro sensor inside the camera, on the display. Not available when using the CBK-3610XS.
- The alarm threshold for notifying you when the remaining media is low can now be changed using Technical > System Configuration > Media Near Full Alarm in the full menu.
- Added standard color space selection types for shooting
- Added control function from a remote control unit
- Added control function from the camera