Pick it up. Wrap your hand around the rotating Smart Grip. Line up a shot. You’ll immediately understand why Sony created the PXW-FS5. It’s the next step in Sony’s handheld revolution. Small as it is, the camera delivers uncompromising performance with Sony’s Super 35 sensor, 4K onboard recording and wireless streaming. The PXW-FS5. Just wait until you get your hands on it.
Available November 2015, the Sony PXW FS5 will be available as body only or as a kit that includes the Sony 18-105mm E-Mount servo zoom (PXW-FS5K).
- Rotates full 360°
- Assignable buttons
- Assignable dial & joystick
- Attaches to industry-standard rosette for use with FS7 telescoping arm or third-party accessories
4K Super35 image sensor
- 14 stops of dynamic range
- 4K resolution
- Super35 format
- Works with Sony’s S-Log2 and S-Log3 encoding and S-Gamut3.cine mode
4K XAVC™ L recording on board
- Built-in 3840 x 2160 recording
- 4K at 100 Mbps (maximum) recording
- 1080p HD, with rich 4:2:2 color and nuanced 10-bit grayscale – at 25, 35 or 50 Mbps
Other Features include:
- 960 fps super slow motion – 1080p up to 240 fps (960 fps reduced resolution)
- Built in wireless streaming – wifi or Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Face detection AF and Focus Magnifier
- Continuously variable Neutral Density filter
You can find the full technical specs here
Also published on Medium.